· Store your cashmere and wool coats in a dry, cool room during the summer months
· Seal them in a breathable garment bag
· Use cedar balls or cedar inserts in the pockets and garment bag
· Stow your coat on a proper curved coat hanger to keep the shoulders formed for the following year.
· Store your down parka in a dry, moisture free, dark, cool room during the summer months.
· Seal your parka in a breathable garment bag either folded or hanging.
· Where possible, use a damp cloth to wipe the surface of your parka, rather than washing or dry cleaning, let dry.
· Dirt and oils will degrade the fabric overtime, store your parka once you’ve wiped the surface clean.